Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Guy in the Pew Joins the Episcopal Cafe News Team


I am pleased (and a bit proud) to announce that I have been asked to be a contributor to the Episcopal Cafe's news team. I will be posting on the the Lead on Sundays. The Lead is the part of the Episcopal Cafe that covers news items. I will start in a week.
For those not familiar with the Episcopal Cafe, please check it out. It has lots to offer--news commentary, longer posts on social and religious trends, and devotional and spiritual offerings as well. It also has some great art.

2 comments:

Janet leslie Blumberg said...

Hello, Chuck. This is Janet from over at deepgraceoftheory.com! Welcome to my blog and thanks for your comment and congrats on the Episcopal Cafe invitation! Yes, I had visited you earlier and learned you were a fellow Episcopalian. By the way, sometimes it's worth it to make a comment on a science blog because thoughtful scientists come over to converse with me as a result. And it helps me formulate my thoughts for a book I'm working on. The report from around the world is sobering. We have to recapture the historical vision of our faith as a thoughtful way of knowing that carries us deeper toward reality and is self-critical, self-aware, and humble. The opposite, perhaps of truth-claims that are too sweeping or too reductive...inward change is more to the point.

Chuck Blanchard said...

Janet:

I have a degree in chemstry and have done lots of work with high tech companuies over the years. I like scientists--I just need to be better armed with arguments next time I engage with the materialists. I am doing that homework right now.