Taking Chance



You might have noticed that I have not blogged since the election. I have my reasons (and hope to explain those reasons soon), but I think that I can safely blog about a new movie Taking Chance that will be aired on HBO next month. It is a movie based on a blog post, and it should make for some compelling television. The trailer is above.

The military blog, BlACKFIVE explains:

Four and a half years ago, I was asked to post "Taking Chance" by LtCol Michael Strobl. It evoked one of the strongest reactions on BlackFive that I have seen since starting the blog in mid-2003. The story also gave me the honor to get to know some of the friends and family and Marine brothers of Chance.

. . .

It sure seems like HBO stayed true to LtCol Strobl, and, more importantly, Lance Corporal Chance Phelps.

Thanks to LtCol Strobl, we all miss Chance.


Read it all here.

The blog post that inspired the movie is here. It is well worth reading.

Comments

Simon Ovidiu said…
Hi, I've seen the trailer, it's great!
I love the story from the movie!

God bless you! for sharing this!
Visit my blog
Visit my site

Popular posts from this blog

Giles Fraser on Gay Marriage

Religious Map of United States

New Climate Change Study